During opening hours
Mon & Tues. 8am - 2.45pm
Wed. 8am - 12.45 pm
Thurs & Fri. 8am - 2.45pm
The management of our setting is run by a parent management committee. The members are elected by the parents of the children who attend the setting. The elections take place at our Annual General Meeting.
The committee is responsible for:
1. Managing the setting’s finances;
2. Employing and managing the staff;
3. Making sure that the setting has, and works to, policies that help it to provide a high quality service; and
4. Making sure that the setting works in partnership with the children’s parents.
The Annual General Meeting is open to the parents of all of the children who attend the setting. It is our shared forum for looking back over the previous year’s activities and shaping the coming year’s plan.
As a community based, voluntary managed setting, we depend on the goodwill of parents and their involvement to keep going. Membership of the setting carries expectations on parents for their support and commitment.
How parents can take part in the setting
We recognise parents as the first and most important educators of their children. All of the staff see themselves as partners with parents in providing care and education for their child. There are many ways that parents can take part in making the setting a welcoming and stimulating place for children and parents, such as:
1. Exchanging knowledge about their children’s needs, activities, interests and progress with staff;
2. Contributing to the progress check at age two;
3. Helping at sessions of the setting;
4. Sharing your own special interests with the children;
5. Helping to provide, make and look after the equipment and materials used in the children’s play activities;
6. Being part of the management of the setting;
7. Taking part in events and informal discussions about activities and curriculum provided by the setting;
8. Joining in community activities in which the setting takes part; and
9. Building friendships with other parents in the setting.
Chiddingfold Village Nursery School,
The Village Hall, Coxcombe Lane, Chiddingfold, Surrey, GU8 4QA
01428 683251 firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Charity Number 1029419